Austin Belcak joins me on this episode of the podcast to discuss unconventional methods for landing your dream job. Austin and I both believe that the current system for finding and landing jobs is broken (both for hiring managers and those seeking jobs). There is a lot of noise and not enough signal. Early sidetracks (or missteps) in one’s career or education also can be seemingly insurmountable barriers to overcome when trying to level-up in a career or make a radical change in vocation. What can we do about it?
Austin was forced to think creatively when it came to landing his job at Microsoft. With a 2.5 GPA and a modest amount of work experience, he discovered a variety of methods and strategies for finding ways to add real value to employers and convince decision-makers to bet on him.
Listen to this episode where we cover:
- How Austin landed a great job at Microsoft, without a stellar GPA or prior career experience.
- What motivated Austin to start a side business while working full-time.
- The most viciously misleading advice most job seekers blindly follow.
- How to start a career in a new field, with no connections.
- Why applying to jobs online is ineffective, and what to do about it.
- …and much more!
Free Bonus: Austin’s Best Job Search Strategies
As a special bonus to listeners of this podcast, Austin has pulled together a few freebies for you, including (1) a guidebook with 5 strategies his students have used to land job offers at Microsoft, Goldman Sachs and Facebook without applying online and (2) free access to his “Resume Revamp” course. Visit https://cultivatedculture.com/motivatedlife/ get your free stuff!
Connect with Austin Belcak here:
Listen to the Podcast in your favorite app: